We're looking for a detail-oriented operator to join our competitions team full-time! As Battlesnake grows, so do our day-to-day operations, and our very first Competition Coordinator will work directly with our leadership team to help navigate, manage, and ultimately lead various public-facing business objectives.
Ideal candidates will be motivated, self-directed learners, who never back down from a challenge. We're a small team with ambitious goals, and each of us wears many hats. This is a great role for someone with established work history looking to gain a breadth of operational experience at an early-stage startup.
Note: Software development skills are NOT required for this role.
Role & Responsibilities
- Report directly to the leadership team working on day-to-day competition and business operations
- Goal-oriented relationship management with partners and key stakeholders
- Build and help automate partner-facing reports and sales collateral
- Work directly with competition organizers and participants to ensure success for all parties
- Assist with all aspects of competition production (from planning to stream production)
- Manage merchandising and oversee store and prize fulfillment
Note: The nature of this role requires occasional scheduled availability during evenings and weekends, balanced with your regular role and duties, not in addition to.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent and proven project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience building presentations and stakeholder-facing reports
- Comfortable planning and leading discussions with vendors and stakeholders and receiving constructive feedback
- Event organization and planning, both virtual and in-person
- Independent and goal-oriented operator
Optional, but useful experience!
- Programing experience with any major web language
- Marketing experience, preferably digital and/or content-driven
- Experience with live streams, as a viewer and/or creator
- Simple video editing and production
- Spreadsheet skills and business financial knowledge
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: CAD$70,000
- Location: Remote (Canada)
- Vacation: 4 Weeks
- Benefits: Extended Health, Dental, Vision, and HSA
- Stock Options: 0.5% Stock Option Grant
We’re a team of experienced startup folks who work in a highly collaborative and iterative environment. Every member has a voice and is able to contribute directly to our mission and goals. We offer versatile, family-friendly working conditions with flexible hours and support for working fully or partially remote.
Our mission is to make it fun for anyone to become a better programmer. The Battlesnake community is truly global, and filled with amazing developers with unique backgrounds, experience levels, and technical skill sets. We love celebrating technical accomplishments at all scales equally and firmly believe in supporting developers at all stages of learning.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Competition Coordinator" in the subject line. Include your resume, relevant work history, LinkedIn profile (if applicable), and any previous Battlesnake experience (it's okay to say none!).
This is a full-time position. We are a small team headquartered in Victoria BC, Canada and we’re open to working with excellent remote team members. All eligible candidates must be legally able to work in Canada.