This is a part-time position, paid hourly with an expected 5-10 hours per week. We’re a small team located in Victoria BC Canada and we’re open to working with excellent remote team members.
The Battlesnake team is looking for a generalist part-time Graphic Designer to help create and evolve our brand, user experiences, and live events. Design tasks will be widely varied, ranging from printed media to digital assets to online user interfaces. We’re specifically looking for a fearless and independent designer who won’t back down from a new challenge.
Ideal candidates will be motivated, flexible, and creative! This role is perfect for someone looking to craft and shape the future of Battlesnake, ensuring it is fun, accessible, and inclusive for all ages. To learn more about who we are and what we're building, check out our Mission Statement and Event Highlight Reel.
Role and Responsibilities
- Create engaging graphical assets for live Battlesnake events, both printed and digital
- Lead user interface design for play.battlesnake.com
- Design digital assets for video production and live streaming
- Build branding goals and guidelines that extend throughout the entire team
- Work with third-party vendors to ensure high quality asset production
Skills and Qualifications
- Multiple years of experience as a professional designer
- Highly creative, able to generate innovative designs and concepts independently
- Printed media experience required (banners, stickers, t-shirts, etc.)
- Experience creating overlay and transition assets for video, animation, and streaming
- Careful attention to detail, with pixel-perfect accuracy
- Well developed understanding of what it means for design to be inclusive and all ages
- Self-motivated, with impeccable time management and organization skills
- Comfortable running a design process that encourages frequent feedback and quick iteration
To apply, send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your portfolio should specifically highlight your printed media and digital asset experience. Please also include short details on any Battlesnake events you’ve attended or snakes you’ve built (don't worry if you haven’t done either, that's okay!).