The Battlesnake team is looking for a software developer to help improve and expand the Battlesnake platform. Development tasks will include web application development, implementing new game features and creating tools for Twitch streaming.
Ideal candidates will be motivated, flexible, and creative! This role is perfect for someone looking to craft and shape the future of Battlesnake, ensuring it is fun, accessible, and inclusive for all ages.
Role & Responsibilities
- Designing and implementing new features and tools
- Implementing unit tests to ensure code quality and stability
- Improving the usability of play.battlesnake.com for desktop and mobile
- Reviewing code written by other engineers on the team
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience as a full-stack developer
- Experience with building web applications in Python/Django or similar web frameworks
- Experience with JS, HTML5 and frameworks such as React or Angular
- Deep knowledge of HTML, CSS, and web technology
- Experience implementing user interfaces with modern UX/UI practices
- Experience managing web applications in AWS a plus
- Comfortable working in an environment that encourages frequent feedback and quick iteration
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include short details on any Battlesnake events you’ve attended or snakes you’ve built (totally okay if you haven’t done either).
This is a full-time position with a 6-month term. At the end of the term the position will be re-evaluated and potentially extended. We’re a small team located in Victoria BC, Canada and we’re open to working with excellent remote team members.