Battlesnake is for everyone. Whether you are new to programming or have been a professional developer for 30+ years, you can find a place at Battlesnake to learn, grow and be successful. Everyone should have the tools, support, and access to code, collaborate and compete at Battlesnake.
Battlesnake is an inclusive community. This means we are welcoming and respectful of all Battlesnake community members. As our community grows and more people join with different backgrounds and skills, we will see a stronger and more vibrant community.
Battlesnake is a place for collaboration. Developers from around the world are here to learn, grow, and connect with other developers. At all times you should take a collaborative approach to any problem that is presented, whether it is technical or not.
By adopting this Code of Conduct, Battlesnake community members commit themselves to fairly and consistently applying these principles to every aspect of Battlesnake and its communities. Any persons who do not follow this Code of Conduct may be permanently removed from the Battlesnake platform and barred from all future events.
We as members, contributors, and leaders pledge to make participation in our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, caste, color, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy community.
• Demonstrating empathy and kindness toward other people.
• Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences.
• Giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback.
• Accepting responsibility and apologizing to those affected by our mistakes, and learning from the experience
• Focusing on what is best not just for us as individuals, but for the overall community
• The use of sexualized language or imagery, and sexual attention or advances of any kind.
• Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks.
• Public or private harassmentPublishing others' private information, such as a physical or email address, without their explicit permission.
• Interference with another persons Battlesnake, including, but not limited to, denial-of-service-attacks or exploiting the Battlesnake Engine or API with the intent to interfere with the performance of another persons Battlesnake.
• Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting.
Community leaders are responsible for clarifying and enforcing our standards of acceptable behavior and will take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any behavior that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
Community leaders have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, and will communicate reasons for moderation decisions when appropriate.
This Code of Conduct applies within all community spaces, and also applies when an individual is officially representing the community in public spaces. Examples of representing our community include using an official e-mail address, posting via an official social media account, or acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported to the community leaders responsible for enforcement. If you feel uncomfortable or think there may be a potential violation of the code of conduct, please report it immediately using one of the following methods. All reporters have the right to remain anonymous.
All community leaders are obligated to respect the privacy and security of the reporter of any incident.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Contributor Covenant, version 2.0.
Battlesnake Inc. reserves the right to revise, make exceptions to, or otherwise amend these policies in whole or in part. If you have any questions regarding these policies, please contact Battlesnake Inc. by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org